npm install @ima/storybook-integration
Why we use IMA.js and you should too?
Here at Seznam.cz, development of a frontend application comes with many checkboxes that need to be ticked off before the project goes public. Mainly because of a diverse audience and a challenging product requirements.
In order to not reinvent the wheel on every project and to address all of these problems (checkboxes), we have created the IMA.js framework. Here are a few outlines that we're most proud of:
- React compatible - IMA.js Views extend the React Component and are in tight cooperation with our Controllers. That means you can use the full magic of React v16 without loosing anything.
- Production ready - there's no need for additional setup or configuration. IMA.js uses environment-specific configurations from the start.
- Battle tested - IMA.js is used on various projects across Seznam.cz. Some of them pushing the limits of what a frontend application can do.
We have prepared a complex tutorial for you: Your first IMA.js application. This tutorial covers the basics of creating isomorphic web applications using IMA.js, but you will encounter some more advanced concepts in there as well.
For a more in-depth information about the IMA.js see a full documentation and more on imajs.io.
Main IMA.js parts
- core - it contains base classes and common classes for every day work which allows you server side rendering and hydrating application in browser.
- server - it contains methods which allow you to connect IMA application with the express framework.
- gulp-tasks - IMA.js uses gulp for bundling and automatization. There are prepared common tasks and a base configuration.
See the ima-plugins repository for available IMA.js plugins.
Initialize application skeleton with single command
npx create-ima-app # or if you are using yarn yarn create ima-app
and start the development!
cd create-ima-app npm run dev # or if you are using yarn yarn dev
See How to Contribute.