Why have a showcase for UI developers?
More people than ever are building component driven UIs. But everyone is different and so are their recommendations. It’s tough to figure out what development techniques work and what’s hype. How do leading engineering teams really ship UI?
Our community scours the web for the best UI components, libraries, and design systems. We catalog them here in one place. That helps you reference the best work as you build your own projects.
How to add your project
Add your project to Chromatic
Component Encyclopedia indexes Storybooks that are published on Chromatic (it’s free). Chromatic is a service made by Storybook maintainers to publish Storybook to a shared workspace and generate a searchable index for your team.Learn about Chromatic
Benefits for project maintainers
FAQ & troubleshooting
- How long does it take my project to show up here?
- Projects can take up to 24 hours to appear in the catalog.
- How often are projects crawled?
- Projects are crawled every 24 hours. If changes are detected, they will be reflected.
- Why hasn’t my project been updated?
- Check that the URL for your published Storybook is correct and that it’s being updated. If you use Chromatic, your project will automatically update at regular intervals.
- How do I report an issue?
- Report issues to maintainers in our Discord chat #showcase channel or email email@example.com.
- Why isn’t my project listed?
- We remove malformed Storybooks from the index. Check that your published Storybook URL resolves and whether anything is preventing your stories from rendering. Report issues to maintainers in our Discord chat #showcase channel.
- How do I remove my project?
- We showcase the best public projects in the frontend ecosystem for developers to learn from. If you’d like to omit your project, add a
<meta name="robots" content="noindex">tag to Storybook’s
<head>. This ensures search engines cannot find your Storybook.
If your project is here by accident, we’re happy to remove it. Chat with us inDiscord #showcase or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there a Code of Conduct?
- In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to making participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. Continue reading our contributor covenant.
The Component Encyclopedia is built with Hygraph, who generously provide their CMS for the project.